Date : 6, Mar, 2018.
Thanlwin Citizen Empowerment Program was launched in 2012, September, for the purpose to empower civil societies and to encourage them to adopt more democratic practices.
Thanlwin has been conducting trainings and forums in many towns and cities across Myanmar. For the purpose of boosting empowerment, sustainability, institutional capacity, leadership, participation in good governance along with local administration, civil societies and people, it held forum, community meetings and workshops, by organizing authorities, members of Parliament, political parties, CSOs and local people.
Working along with experts in related fields and legal matters, Thanlwin has been trying to distribute analysis and suggestive reports on Land Policies, Land Laws and other sectors, to contribute in the programs for better public policies and legal frame works.
|Job Title||Finance Assistant
|Contract Duration||1 year (Extendable) with 3 month probation period|
|Report to||Project Coordinator
|Duty station|| Yangon
|Travel||Frequent travel to project sites
|Number of positing||(1)post
|Closing Date||23, Mar, 2018.
Required Qualifications and Skill
- A University Graduate with additional qualifications in the accounting field
- Previous experience with a humanitarian organization (NGO/INGOs/ CSOs)
- At least 3 years of accounting/financial management experience
- knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- High computer literacy in MS word, Excel spreadsheets and other accounting programs
- Willingness to commit to full-time work for at least one year
- Should be organized, systematic, dynamic and must interact well with others;
- Respect for diversity and sensitivity to other cultures
- Creative, independent, and highly self-motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in meeting project and willingness to travel to all project locations if necessary.
- Excellent reporting, communication (Myanmar and English) and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work with local civil society organizations and community people
Roles and Responsibilities
- Check all necessary supporting documents particularly debit vouchers and advanced cash requests related to Office activities are in line with finance procedure before making receipt / payment is made.
- Responsible to prepare record and reconcile the daily transactions in Cash Control Sheet with physical balance at the end of the day and month.
- Carry out payment to suppliers and make necessary banking transactions and time sheet payment for staff.
- Responsible to prepare budget analysis report in monthly basis and submit to Director.
- Check daily Cash Balance and report to Finance Officer and Program Manager for necessary replenishment of cash in hand.
- Assist Finance Officer to facilitate internal and external audits.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English or Myanmar including three (3) referees and other related documents to email@example.com not later than 5:30 PM on 23, March, 2018.(Friday).
Hard copies can be submitted to the following address:
Thanlwin Citizen Empowerment Program
No(154), Second Floor 45th Street, (Upper Block)
Botahtaung Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
09 261447376, 09 250023959